Church of St. Vasilije of Tvrdoš and Ostrog

  • 29,4 km from the center of Trebinje
  • 28,7 km from the station
  • How to get there: By car

Village Mrkonjići is on the east side of Popovo polje on the route Trebinje-Ljubinje. In this village on December 28, 1610 holy father Vasilije of Ostrog was born. His birthname was Stojan, from mother Anastasija and father Petar Jovanović. On St. Vasilije of Tvrdoš and Ostrog day, May 12, 1998, a church dedicated to him was opened in the village. The temple was constructed on the foundations of this holy man’s birth house and it is located on the right side of the road from Trebinje. On the left side of the road the church of St. Nicholas is located and that is where Vasilije was baptized. There is a cemetery by the temple where his mother St. Ana rests.

WordPress Themes